Monday, February 13, 2006

locked into your self

Thought I'd start publishing some of my newest songs / poems here as well...
This one's a song about those who are "allergic" to church, God, Jesus - for understandable reasons. It makes me sad.. you don't know what you're missing when you shut your eyes to something or someone because of past hurts you unconciously associate them with.. It always comes down to that choice; to face things and to forgive..


I see you lie beneath a clouded sky,
you think there lies nothing beyond.
A wall of rage you've built around your mind;
a lonely stage you can sing from.

In the cold I listen
and I am told to freeze
I am told there's no way
you will unfold and forgive
and so you will live;
locked into your self

I wish, I pray that you will see some day
beyond the clouds there's an ocean
of stars and frail prayers that souls have prayed
for you to see heaven's open

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home