Friday, September 01, 2006

arrived in England!

finally here! I've seen my house, tried to make my room "cozy" (but I must say the walls are so white it's quite depressing - so if anyone wants to send any pictures I'd be more than thankful!) I don't want to post my address on the internet really, so if you do want my address then send an email to me> ellenmiles@gmail.com ..I don't have a mobile yet either, but am hoping to fix that today.

Right now I'm at Karin's place, I slept the night here..they've been so generous in helping me out and Karin wants to come with me to town to help fix getting a bank account and the stocking up on essentials. I must say I find it hard not to be a teeny bit worried about finances, so if you'd like to send up a little prayer for me to just trust God I'm sure I'll learn to along the way :)
I feel a bit weird about everything. It's really strange - I don't think it's sunk in yet - that the house I was in yesterday is my own house which I'll be living in for 10 months with 4 other girls, cutting the lawn, cleaning windows, cleaning out cobwebs (owch! There's a fireplace in my room filled with cobwebs- I haven't dared do anything about them yet! But I'll have to before I sleep there....) Basically I keep feeling like I'll be coming back to Norway soon. Guess the truth will hit me soon - I'm gonna miss u all so much!!!

Enough of that. I'll tell you some good news : I do feel very at home here in many ways. Taking the bus to Oxford I looked out at brick houses, high grey wooden fences dividing properties, brick fences along the pavement (the kind I used to balance on when I was a kid), salt and vinegar chips (mm!!) - and just hearing English all the time --- I feel like I've come home :)

Ok, well that's all for now.. When we get the internet working at home I'll be able to write with my laptop, which means I'll be writing more NORSK (aa oe ae -can't be bothered trying to write Norwegian with an English keyboard).

And I'll stick in some pictures soon too! For now all u get is this smiley =)

3 Comments:

Blogger ...dan said...

"I feel like I've come home :)"

Digg :)

11:28 AM, September 01, 2006  
Blogger irene said...

Vakre Ellen! Så godt å høre at du har kommet trygt frem! Vi ber for deg:) Gud er stor, og han ordner opp!!!! Gla i deg!

1:35 PM, September 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kjære nydelige søster!!! Jeg håper du får det helt fantastisk!!!!!!!!!!! Hjertelig hilsen Natalia.
(En liten nuss og en stor klem.)

11:59 AM, September 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home