Friday, August 20, 2010

Pause and play

This year´s action-filled summer has left me feeling thankful for all I´ve been a part of, but also quite worn out. So I´ve decided to pause from doing live concerts for a while. It´s something I LOVE, but when you´re multitasking manager&recordcompany&songwriter&performer, you need to pause to breathe in order to play well the next time :)

So this term will consist of
  • studying pedagogy at Oslo Uni
  • enjoying being Dan-Thomas´ girlfriend
  • working at a home for kids with multi-handicaps
  • learning what it means to be a disciple of Jesus Christ
  • playing with words and music and whatever else intrigues me :)

Now that I´m about to start studying again, I´m reminded of last year, when I was about to start uni for the first time. I was excited, and the only thing that really worried me was how I´d manage financially. I knew God wanted me to do music as well as study, but I also knew I didn´t have the capacity to do both of these AND get a paid job...

I often have quiet times with God where I focus on him, share my thoughts, ask questions, and write down the thoughts that "answer" these questions. Often those answers turn out to be God´s answers. So last summer I asked God in a quiet time what to do. I felt reminded that he had called me to do music, so I should choose that. What about money? The answer I got was "I will be your provider". Logically I didn´t see how I could get enough income without another job, but I decided to trust him anyway and go with the music. I see now that God knew what he was doing. I´ve been able to visit different churches and events and sing truth into people´s lives, and pass all my exams, and learn that God is my provider!

Pause and play; a handy lesson to learn. Pause: check with God when I´m in doubt about where to go next. And play: dare to go where he guides me!





5 Comments:

Blogger Nene said...

Skriver på norsk jeg.:)
Så herlig å høre at Gud sørger for sine! :D Gir meg troa på at han gjør det for meg også. :) Jeg ville egentlig bare si deg at musikken din er en vanvittig inspirasjonskilde for meg. Jeg har hørt plata di om igjen og om igjen og jeg går ikke lei! Spesielt "Lay down" og "Love unfailing" er sterke for meg. Gjennom musikken din tør jeg å kikke litt mer på min egen drøm, som også er ålage musikk for Gud. Takk for det du har laget, det betyr så mye! :) Gud velsigne deg videre i livet! <3 Klem Helene Benedikte Granum

2:24 AM, August 28, 2010  
Blogger Johmbah said...

Hey?? Me again lol. Love all wha ya sayin re Oz, God, self-esteem and life!! Could you ask your boyfriend if he ever gets those same girlie problems of self-esteem that God sorts out like He does? Otherwise i wonder if as a boy, I am rare to be "girlie" in that way too?! God has been helping me with just the same things lol - I am also an Ozzie abroad (in UK) x

5:24 AM, March 27, 2011  
Blogger Johmbah said...

Soz - forgot to include my follow up email link featured here instead - ps my dad lives in oxford, my mum and sister in scotland (ozzies) and i'm in london: i also have indirect links with kings college and viva networks x

5:28 AM, March 27, 2011  
Blogger Ellen Miles said...

Helene Benedikte: takk for gode ord! Og lag i vei, musikk skal være glede først, prestasjon second :)

Johmbah: my boyfriend also has self-esteem issues as does every man and woman on this earth I think, so no need to feel "girly"! Just receive and believe every good word spoken about you, and pay it forward :)

9:34 AM, March 30, 2011  
Blogger Johmbah said...

Thanks Ellen - it's all good!!!

4:07 AM, April 01, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home